Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day 21

A day of firsts... Peyton's first time to spring a leak on mommy while having her diaper changed...Peyton's first time to spit up all over daddy...Daddy's first time to find poop on his hand after a diaper change...

Ah, the new-found joys of parenthood. Just think, in 18 years I'll be on the hook for what, maybe $1,000,000 for college tuition? Or in 25 years--make that 45--a wedding for another small fortune. Such joy.

My Dad handed over hundreds of photos he's taken thoughout this journey, so here are some sights from along the way.

Let me introduce my webmaster, ghost-writer/publisher, and Apples-to-Apples nemesis (a.k.a. Lyndsi Parker)

David Pemberton, Will Blackman, & Don Ellsworth

Marilyn Ingram & Lou Ann Dick


Eddie Dick, Jamie Hatcher, & Rachel Ham

Grant & Stephanie Perkins

Julie Thomas & Rachel Ham


Lyndsi Parker, Sarah French, & Dustin Wiggins

My IT Department (Donnie & that Parker lady)

Carl & Barbara Conley

Terry Taylor

My sister, Kathleen, who is sooo excited to have someone new to play with!


My folks bought this cake as a surprise for Peyton...unfortunately she never got to see it.



My mom, Amy Hanschen



A decorating team surprised us when we got home with Peyton. I'm not sure who was all involved, but I think Barbara Conley did the decorating.



Meet Will Thomas, owner of one of the most adorable smiles on the planet.


7 comments:

  1. definitely the last one is the best! may you enjoy much more pee, puke, and poop in the loving confines of your very own home - so much better than the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. It's so great to see you as a father, Karl, and your mom as a grandmother! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karl could you please caption each picture with the names of the folks displayed?
    thanks Wayne. More comments to come.

    Love Wayne in Woecester

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came to your website through Clay and Meagan's. I was in training with them last fall in North Carolina. I have been praying for your precious daughter and sweet family and am celebrating with you on finally being home. May Papa God continue to pour out HIS mercies, peace and healing into your family. May Papa God continue HIS great healing in your precious daughter's life and strengthen you both to be the Godly parents HE created you to be. What joy to see you all home.
    His mercies, grace and peace to you three.
    Victoria Charbonneau
    James 1:27
    http://kazakhvictoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Peyton! Three weeks old today =)

    It has been a crazy journey and I hope that your last few days at home have been peaceful. We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to see the whole family on Tuesday.

    I love the last pic as well as the one of you leaning over Rayna who is holding Peyton. You can see Peyton looking up at you. It also makes me smile to see the picture of all three of you at home. How's Major taking to her?

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful and it makes me so happy to know you all are home and together at last!

    ReplyDelete